Rebranding is about more than just your image. Your image represents who you are as a company, and if that isn’t the case anymore, it might be time to do something about it. Rebranding has its pros and cons, but if you’re experiencing any of the following, it’s time to get started. Why wait?
- Your sales are dropping. This is probably the biggest indicator that you have some work to do on your brand. Don’t throw in the towel and assume it’s your product or your company as a whole. Take a look at your brand and ask why it is that your customers are not being as loyal to your as they are to your competitors. In this particular case, you might actually need to take it personally. If they have no personal connection to your brand, they aren’t likely to stay.
- Your brand’s look doesn’t match its purpose. Consistency is important in branding and marketing, but like anything, you need to make some occasional adjustments. Make sure your brand doesn’t look old and outdated.
- You’re embarrassed by your brand. You should be proud to hand out business cards and tell people to visit your website. If you’re cringing internally or giving people a heads up about your website needing to be updated, it’s time to make a change.
- Internal change. If you’re changing the way you do things, rebranding can be a great way to let everyone else know. Whether it’s new management, a new company philosophy or new products, changing your brand and your overall image is an affective way to tell everyone that something new is afoot. Your audience should know when things are changing.
- You’re attracting different customers. If for whatever reason you are no longer attracting the same customers you used to, rebranding could help you regain the attention of the former customers you want back. Rebranding isn’t just about image; it’s about your target audience and who you want to reach.
- You aren’t standing out. If you are blending in with the rest of your competition, you need something that will make you stand out from the rest. Create a unique brand that will separate you from everyone else in your field.
- You need to raise your prices. It can be stressful trying to raise prices to accommodate inflation and higher costs of living, but it’s not a lost cause. If you need to raise your prices but you’re afraid of losing customers, rebranding can actually help change your audience’s perception of you and create a more personal connection with your audience. This way, you have some wiggle room when your entire brand changes and raising prices will become easier for your audience to accept.
However, all things considered, rebranding isn’t a cure-all. Don’t rebrand simply because you’re sick of the current one or because you have an internal problem. Sometimes it’s simply not a marketing issue and rebranding may even make it worse depending on the circumstances. However, if you can afford it and the timing is right, go for it. Rebranding has a multitude of benefits, and if you do it right, you could be enjoying them before you know it.
GTECH Designs is a Baltimore-based digital marketing agency that is committed to helping companies and business owners drive brand value through digital channels. We do this by uniting your brand with creative concepts and marketing. The result? Better ROI. Let’s start a conversation, we don’t bite:) Give us a call on 410-775-4011 or drop us a line at [email protected]. We are also social, connect with us via :
Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | Google+ | Instagram
Why De-cluttering Your Digital World Will Help You in the Real World